OH&S Webinar for Saskatchewan Health Care Regions CUPE Local 5430
June 19, 2020
Web Platform: Online via Zoom
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 17, 2020
LIMIT: 480 People
DATE: Friday, June 19, 2020
TIME: 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
The purpose of this webinar is “connecting the dots” of the COVID-19 hazards with fundamental health and safety principles, as well as the rights, powers, and duties under the Occupational Health and Safety tenets of The Saskatchewan Employment Act.
The webinar will look to provide you with a sense of renewed confidence, leaving you to continue to do work safely, while knowing your rights, and while providing support to union members during these unprecedented times.
Topics that will be discussed:
- Right to Refuse unsafe work.
- What are the duties of the employer, the supervisor, and a worker under the SEA?
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Best known practices around COVID-19.
- What controls should be in place for COVID-19?
NOTE: Registrants will receive an email link to the "Zoom" meeting the day before the webinar.
Please register online via this link: https://cupe.ca/mrm-union-education/event/3829