The CUPE Local 5430 Annual General Meeting will be held virtually September 28 & 29, 2021.
Due to the change in date of the AGM, the elections have been adjusted to the AGM in September.
RE: Nominations & Elections for President, Recording Secretary, and One (1) Three Years Trustee
SECTION 10 - NOMINATIONS, ELECTION, AND INSTALLATION OF OFFICERS
- Provincial Nominations
- Nominations for positions on the Provincial Executive Board will be accepted at the Annual General Meeting held in the month of May.
- Nominations will be accepted from members in attendance at the nomination meeting or from those members who have allowed their name to be filed in writing at the meeting, witnessed by another member. In written nominations, the witness shall be considered to have nominated the nominee.
- To be eligible for nomination, the nominee must have been accepted into membership and continue to be a member of good standing.
- A member may accept nomination for a position while holding office in any position. If successful in the election, their resignation from their current position will take effect at that time. No member will be eligible for nomination if they are in arrears of dues and/or assessment.
- Provincial Elections
- All elections for Provincial positions will be conducted electronically using a secure system. To be elected, a candidate must receive a plurality of the votes cast. An alternate voting method would be ensured for members unable to cast an electronic ballot.
Nominations will be held for the following positions at the CUPE Local 5430 Annual General Meeting,
September 28 & 29, 2021 VIA Zoom:
- CUPE Local 5430 President – Three (3) Year Term – November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2024
- CUPE Local 5430 Recording Secretary –Three (3) Year Term – November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2024
- Trustee - One (1) Three (3) Year Trustee – November 1, 2021 to October 31, 2024
Sandra Seitz, President
CUPE Local 5430