Are you concerned about access to health care in rural Saskatchewan?
From Meadow Lake to Maple Creek, Broadview to Biggar health care facilities in every corner of the province are short staffed and facing service reductions, bed closures, and Emergency Room shutdowns.
Enough is enough. It is time to take a stand and demand better.
- Effective October 23, 2022, the seniority lists from each former regional health authority, identified in Appendix I of the CUPE collective agreement, were consolidated into a single seniority list for the CUPE bargaining unit.
- In order to rank employees across the bargaining unit, all employees are ranked by their seniority date.
- For employees employed prior to May 6, 1999, who were ranked in order of seniority calculated on hours of seniority from the date the employee last entered the service of the employer(s), those hours were converted to a seniority date to ensure those employees are correctly ranked on the new seniority list. Your seniority date may be different than your hire date.
- The new seniority list is available through MyConnection now.
- Please contact your regional CUPE Local 5430 office if you have questions or concerns about the seniority list. Please have all the information you will provide to the office ready, so they can look into your issue (hire date, hours worked prior to May 6, 1999, etc).
Region 1 306-445-6433
Region 2 306-922-0600
Region 3 306-757-7925
Region 4 306-842-1559
Region 5 306-783-1396
WHEN; October 11, 2021 – 7:00 PM
WHERE: This will be a virtual meeting using Zoom
WHY: Discussion and clarification on bargaining proposals:
- 27.18 – Standby Confirmed
- 27.19 – Alternate Arrangements for Standby
- 27.20 – Standby Payments
- 27.21 – Call Back
- 27.22 – Call Back Transportation
If you are interested in attending, please e-mail Nancy Black to be provided with a Zoom invitation to join.
Deadline: Oct 11, 2022 7am
Election for: One 3- year Trustee
Polls Open: Oct 12, 2022 – 7am
Polls Close: Oct 18, 2022 – 7am
Voting credentials and directions will be sent via email after 7:00am on Oct 12, 2022.
If you want to vote you must Register!
To Register for voting, click here.
When: Oct 4, 2022 – 6:00 PM
Please join the forum to hear from and meet the candidates nominated for Trustee.
Monique McKay and Victor Castro
To request a Zoom invitation to join this form, please contact
WHEN: November 9, 2022 ~ 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
WHERE: Gallagher Centre ~ National Bank A 455 Broadway Steet West Yorkton, SK
WHY: The Provincial CUPE LPN Committee would like to hear from you. We would like to help with any concerns and answer any questions you may have.
If you are unable to attend in person but have a question for the committee, please email
~ Pizza & Pop will be available ~ Please Plan to Attend
Almost 200 health care workers from across Saskatchewan gathered in Prince Albert for CUPE 5430’s annual general meeting.
“Health care providers are facing extraordinary challenges in Saskatchewan: short staffing, inflation, retention and quality of care just to name a few,” said Bashir Jalloh, president of CUPE 5430 and a nuclear medicine technologist. “Members are being run off their feet because there is simply not enough staff. We have seen bed closures, emergency room closures and service disruptions.”
Dear CUPE Local 5430 member:
We have been receiving a lot of questions from the membership regarding this holiday. And, to be honest, we spent a bit of time absolutely sure that it is a statutory holiday and that Article 28.01 of our collective agreement applies. Late in the day on Wednesday, September 14th the employer sent us a letter telling us the employer will not be honouring the day as a paid holiday.
They told us that Monday will be a regular working day for all employees of the SHA and that, “Employees are asked to recognize the significance of (the Queen’s) legacy and passing in their own ways, as they feel appropriate.”
- CUPE Local 5430 Annual General Meeting
- Do you work in the following classifications?
- Pharma profits or health justice? Mobilizing for universal pharmacare.
- Health care provider unions concerned about new health care recruitment Crown: more red tape is not the answer
- Upcoming Provincial Call Outs
Page 5 of 18